BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Father's Day

As father's day fastly approaches it makes me think about MANY things. How soon my husband the man I love and adore will be a Daddy. I can imagine him holding Shyann with that big beautiful smile of his gleaming across his face, his amazing blue eyes sparkling with love for her. It brings tears to my eyes. I know how much Steven has been through in his life and I have heard him vow that Shyann will NEVER feel the emptiness of not knowing a father's love like he did. I know without a doubt that Steve will be an amazing father, that is one of the reason I married him. I look at how much he loves me, cares for me and supports me and I cannot wait to see him do the same for our daughter. 
 I think about how thankful I am to have my Dad back in my life as many years of not really communicating with each other. Its been a rough road I have traveled with him. Alot of hurt, resentment and anger but Steve has helped me to get passed that and just be glad that he is around and made attempts to see us. I always said that having my Mom's love and support was enough, but to know My Dad does think about me and love me is comforting. I know that he will play a role in Shyann's life and he will be a good PapsPaps to her. As Steve always tells me "life is too short to hold grunges".
I think about Kenny and how he never thought twice about being with my mother, even thou she had 3 children ages 8,9 and 10. He just stepped right in and loved us unconditionally.  Not many man would do something like that. I know things were said to him about it too, like "why would you wanna date a woman with 3 kids that aren't yours" but he didn't care he loved my Mom and he loved us.  Until Justin told us at his funeral I never knew for sure how he felt about us......when he told the story about how he said to Kenny about buying him a brand new car, he said " Come on Daddy, I'm your only child" Kenny interrupted him and said " No Justin, your not my only child I have 4 children, You, Shawn, Stacy and Shane" Well I guess that just sums up what kinda man Kenny truly was doesn't it.
I am so thankful that God brought all 3 of these men into my life ~  Happy Father's Day!

0 comments: