BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Being An Aunt

Definiation of an AUNT ~ An aunt is a person who is the sister or sister-in-law of a parent.[1] A man with an equivalent relationship is an uncle, and the reciprocal relationship is that of a nephew or niece."Aunt" (or "auntie") may also be an honorific bestowed on an individual in fictive kinship.


I became an aunt for the first time 8 years ago ~ it was one of the best days of my life. When Sabrina was born my heart was flooded with so many emotions and so much love. I remember thinking I love this baby so much and she is not even my child. It was amazing to me how much I fell in love with each of them so completely as soon as they were born. I have come to learn after years of sharing my life with them that yes they are my children. They are a part of my heart and soul. I worry about them, I think about them everyday, I pray for them everynight, I buy clothes and toys for them, I take them places and spend as much time as I possibly can with them. When they hurt, I hurt, When they are happy, I am happy, When they are sad I am sad. They have been my sanity and showed me true, real, unconditional love. When they wrap those little arms around my neck and say " I love you Auntie" it is a feeling like no other. I want to have a special bond with each one of them. I love watching them grow and blossom into little people with there own personalties.
I was so lucky that God blessed me for 28 years of my life with an amazing Aunt. She was not just my aunt she was my sister, my 2nd Mom and my best friend. I learned so much from her and we shared something special ~ a bond that will always remain strong and true even in her death. Losing her almost destroyed me but I have all these wonderful memories that I cling too and it helps to get me through the really dark times. I know she had an undying love for me that has not and will not ever change ~ heaven or earth. I grew up always knowing I had love and support from three amazing woman, My Mom, My Gram and Aunt Debbie. I want Sabrina, Joshua and Dillon to always feel the love and support from me. I would do anything for them..... I would die for them......I truly would. I thank God for giving me the opportunity to be apart of there lives and I hope they will always know how much I love them.




Proud Aunt of Three


0 comments: