BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

What you might not know


With xmas fastly approaching, our first xmas without Kenny I can't even tell you how depressing and sad it is. Mom has no tree, not one decoration put up.....nothing. I know if it wasn't for the kids her and Justin would crawl into a ball and stay there for two days straight. Kenny loved xmas and loved making all of us happy. He loved the cartoon version of "The Grinch that stole Christmas" which is ironic because he was nothing at all like the Grinch. He was more like the president of whooville lol lol. He liked the Grinch's dog the most actually. He laughed his ass off at that damn dog everytime. We watched it together after we got home from Gram's on xmas eve. All of us in our new jammies, that Mom got us. Then we would all go to bed and xmas morning was time for presents and Chef Kenny's breakfast FEAST!!!!! As we would open presents Kenny would sit in the chair and just SMILE, he loved watching the kids and Justin open gifts. He would work TONS of OT just to make sure we all had a wonderful christmas. (mom did too of course) Then it was breakfast time. I don't know how many people know our family traditions but Kenny and Mom would make us a HUGE breakfast every Christmas Morning. It started YEARS ago when we would have to leave early in the afternoon on christmas day to go to my Dad's house. We loved it so much we continued to do it on into our adulthood. Kenny would start breakfast prep days in advance making bacon, sausage ~ shopping for chocolate milk, grape juice, crossiants, mom made cheesy potatoes it was a feast of things we did not indulge in except for xmas day. Mom would make eggs with cheese and Kenny the bacon and sausage, most of us made crossiant sandwiches and it was so much fun. All of us together eating and laughing. Kenny and Mom always ate last, he would sit back and watch us and smile. I remember last year we did a " HIP HIP HORRAY FOR HIM" boy am I glad we did that. Last year was our last "REAL" family breakfast. It will never be the same again without him. Shane volunteered to take over and do the cooking, which is great but without our Chef its gonna be very painful, ODD, and sad.

I still have alot of trouble accepting he is gone. I still see his face everynight when I try to go to sleep, I still miss him and his corny jokes. You really don't realize how important or involved someone is in your life until they are gone. I always loved Kenny but I never appreciated him and or all he did for me and my family until now. He loved all of us so much, we really were his whole life and all he wanted was to much us happy. Kenny would want us to keep the breakfast going, to keep smiling and enjoying Christmas. He would not want us sad and miserable without him, but I think this christmas its gonna be hard to not be. I know he will be with us and we will watch The Grinch and The Christmas Story and raise a glass of chocolate milk in his honor.
We miss you and love you Kenny and always will ~ Merry Christmas!!!!

2 comments:

Susie said...

I love reading your blogs, but this one is very special. The memories are all we have sometimes. I am so glad that you have what you have, and they are yours forever, no one can take them away.
Kenny would want you all to have a Merry Christmas. He will be there with you, I am sure you will feel him. It's OK to be sad. I am glad you have each other to hold on to. Family makes all the difference in the world. I am glad that there is someone willing to step up and become the "Chef". Kenny would be proud. I will pray that you all feel the Christmas Spirit and that together you continue to make great Christmas memories.

Merry Christmas to you all. Give big hugs form us here in PA.

Stacy said...

thanks susie I love you